Sunday, November 13, 2005

O

ne good thing about working as a copywriter is that you can be staring off into space, enjoying a revenge or sexual (or some combination of the two) fantasy and that you're not working is invisible to the naked eye. Same with looking at web sites.

Another good thing is that you get to spend weeks learning all about a subject you never knew existed or did and fled from. Molecular chemistry, in this case. To learn about hemostasis, I've been reading a journal called Trauma, the front cover of which, at a glance, could easily be taken for an Omaha Steaks catalog, and when I'm done with this project I'm using it as part of my Guy Grand-like plan to replace the magazines in all the chichi Boston salons with hearing protection trade journals and trauma etc. Anyway, yes, lots of medical research articles, which are quite metadiscursively interesting and by and large very well-written, unless they're not and I am just exceptionally smart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

I think you are just exceptionally smart. Partly because you are, and partly because I read things like this for work, too, which I generally find to be pretty well-written, so that makes me exceptionally smart, too, right?

7:12 AM  
Blogger j. ondioline said...

Yes!

I think it behooves us to go out into the world and produce ill-crafted documents so that our fellow exceptionally smart may shine.

I think Karen would agree. That's probably what it says in the Reflective Practitioner.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home