Sunday, November 06, 2005

Not much to report.

Spent yesterday afternoon at the DeCordova, a museum and sculpture park in Lincoln, MA. It was the perfect thing to do, entailing as it did driving through Lexington and Concord where the colors of the trees are not to be believed. The DeCordova was showing an exhibition of this guy's work, which was spectacular and completely apropos of the surroundings (even though ARM - oh! cool - had clearly been influenced by my series "Thumb In Upper Corner of Frame.") I like art that is conceptually interesting (by which I mean "concepts I understand") and many of his photographs were that, but every time something seemed particularly brilliant* to me, Susan, who has gone to both art and design school, looked at it and said "Oh, how silly." (but not in a bad way.)

Here are some pictures:










So, yes. And then Patti was in town for a conference and last night I dragged her to the Malaysian restaurant I make everyone go to. At first I teased her for saying "here" and meaning Pittsburgh, but then I started doing it too.

*I love Martin Amis's remark "I don't know much about science, but I know what I like."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home