Sunday, September 04, 2005

and the winner for "Denotation of Irony" is...

Richard Cheese. He does loungey, swingy covers of songs we've grown up with: Suck My Kiss, Add It Up, Welcome to the Jungle, Enter Sandman, Been Caught Stealing. And a cover of Nirvana's Rape Me that had everyone at the dinner party in tears.

He will sometimes change lyrics - when he does "Creep" by Radiohead, he sings "I wish I was special...I'll have the special...." Yes, he's the modern day Weird Al, (albums are "Lounge Against the Machine" and "Apertif for Destruction.") but the music is good. You can get his stuff on Rhapsody.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Pierre said...

The arrangement on Welcome to the Jungle is pretty hilarious. He gets a little tired after a couple songs though.
I've met Weird Al, and I can tell you he's no Weird Al.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home