Friday, September 16, 2005

again and again, I get up and say I only want to get it right.

Just got back from seeing the Dandy Warhols play in a big tent in the rain in a field in New Hampshire. Diagram *that*, MAPWs!

The tent was so crowded, and the stage so low, that I spent the first third of the first song thinking that they hadn't come on stage. But I muscled my way up to the front until I could see slivers of the performers, and then to right smack in front of the speakers, where I could clearly see the sly and amorous glances Courtney kept giving me. Also longing. One of the 12-ft men standing in front of me yelled "Courtney, you're the only man who doesn't make my penis shrivel up!" He is the Angelina Jolie of men.

Drove up with benevolently weird silent guy from Craigslist, this girl with whom he'd been emailing for years and hadn't met until tonight, and Tom. I was nervous at first thinking maybe there was some unwritten Craigslist rideshare rule whereby if you acecpt a ride from someone you have to provide/do "420," in the local parlance, but we escaped unscathed. Flirted briefly but well with guy behind me in beer line. Tom, who used to box paraprofessionally, almost got into a fight with a short guy in a funny hat who kept trying to push him to the side, saying "Dude, you're in my way. You're like a foot taller than me." Finally, after brushing him off, Tom faced him and said "You noticed?" and the guy backed away. It was exciting. And then the show was over, and we went home.

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Did you see the documentary "DIG" about the Dandy Warhols and the Brian Jonestown Massacre? It was annoying and good and made me remember not to miss dating boys in bands.

I miss you and hope you are well.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home