Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Son of Harrumph

Haven't heard back from N. I hate this. I feel like I've turned into this weird single-celled organism whose only function is to look for apartments. Wake up, go to work, look on Craiglist at work, look at an apartment, come home, drink a glass of wine, go look at another apartment, come home, eat something, drink 1-2.5 glasses of wine while looking at Craigslist. Read. Bed. This would all be unbearable were it not for Green Onions by Booker T and the M.G.'s, which seems to go well with both good times and fruitless endeavors.

Oh well. As Thurber wrote, Gin up! Sherry on!

4 Comments:

Blogger g odoreida said...

Hm. Headline and first sentence made me think you were dating again. I've told you about the dating/job search analogies, right?

3:15 PM  
Blogger g odoreida said...

It looks like Shannon has, even if I haven't.

3:18 PM  
Blogger j. ondioline said...

Not only did you tell me the analogy but you sent me an excellent imagined dialog between you and a university. You should give me permission to post it, I'm sure I still have it.

3:01 AM  
Blogger g odoreida said...

mmyes. unfortunately there were some uniquely identifying things in that dialogue, as I remember, and I think it would not do me any good to have that traceable to me.... perhaps it would work with [place name] and [academic specialty] substituted in.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home