Sunday, July 17, 2005

scary things

You know how metro stations often gussy themselves up with a bit of personality? Mine is decorated with tiles created by, one supposes, local schoolchildren, one of whom, a sinister little creature, made this spooky piece:




It's blurry because my camera turns everything into Impressionism, but you get the idea.

Also menacing: if I don't chicken out, which I will, tomorrow I have a "non-date," because I've been very clear about not wanting to go on dates but only wanting to have drinks with interesting and benevolent strangers, with a tall, handsome, English, 44-year-old professor who is a colleague of an extraordinarily well-known public intellectual. Whom I probably oughtn't name, but whose identity is probably not that hard to guess.

Hm. I'm going to have to call and cancel, lest I drink too much out of nervousness and end up sloshily recalling childhood memories to him.

5 Comments:

Anonymous eric said...

Sloshily recalling childhood memories of this guy's colleague may be fine, if this is 'Entourage: Ivy League.'

But drinking too much out of nervousness while talking with a tall, handsome, English 44 year old professor doesn't seem like a bad way to spend the evening. I think you both would have a very good time.

As far as well known public intellectuals go, there aren't to many...Noam?

11:56 PM  
Blogger curatrix said...

I think they're just playing catch with a medicine ball.

9:28 AM  
Blogger j. ondioline said...

I don't know - is it reassuring when the walking dead play catch with a medicine ball? What are they training for?



The only good thing about this apocalyptic sign is that I now have a subfolder within "My Pictures" called "Kate, Harvard, walking dead".

12:10 PM  
Blogger g odoreida said...

This is all part of a campaign to make sure I can never link you again, isn't it?

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noam? I was thinking it was obviously Ted Kennedy.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home