Thursday, July 21, 2005

okay, so

I did cancel the non-date with the guy from MIT, but it has been rescheduled for in an hour. I don't want to go, because I'm in an it's-dumb-to-meet-people-over-the-Internet phase, but the good thing is that I'm no longer intimidated because a couple of nights ago I met a Real Live Boy (TM), from Not Online, and we're having dinner tomorrow. He knows lots of esoteric things and is taking a 6-week leave of absence from work to write and produce a puppet show with friends. And he shares a name with a prominent Pittsburgh politician.

So yes. I'll update this blog with details, or not.

2 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

My pal A dates this girl H who is also my pal. I kind of set them up, though not really. Anyway, last year H was seeing this boy Nolan (I use his name because I don't like it ... no offense to other Nolan-knowing readers of this blog), who is an artist. He's also ugly in a Muppet-character way and a terrible, terrible dancer. Awful.

Anyway, his art is connected to puppets. And the other day, A and I were at the bar and H was off at another table chatting very briefly and nicely to Nolan, so as not to seem like she had hard feelings after the breakup. Upper-hand, and all that. And as A and I chatted, he had this to say, and I'm sure I'm paraphrasing:

"Oh, puppets. You know, it's rare that I get to have any feelings of superiority vis a vis what I've chosen to do with my life [he's in graduate school for fiction writing, like yers truly]. Sure, my career's going nowhere, but puppets? I mean: puppets?"

We had a laugh as hearty as our ales. Or, like, our lagers? God, that clue pisses me off....

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Hey, I met the sweetest boy on earth over the Internet. That said, there are quite a few duds out there.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home