Friday, July 01, 2005

And yet.

If you're reading this, you probably know that M. is my housemate with whom I briefly and ill-advisedly (yet, I tell you, inevitably) kind of hooked up a few days after my arrival. My therapist calls it "spontaneous combustion," and that's pretty accurate. We talked about it a few times, but only when we were very drunk, so the whole thing has almost certainly been a vertible festival of miscommunication (me and M, not me and therapist.) (Miscommunication = good theme for a party) Anyway, he'd been trying to sublet his apartment for a while, and succeeded in this yesterday and today is moving to his parents' house on the Cape until he figures out where to go next.

This he tells me last night, standing shirtless in my doorway, and then invites me to go with him to see his friend play guitar.

The thing is, this is officially excellent. He's moody and unpredictable and irritable. He's mean to S., another housemate, with whom he's been friends for years. When he's on, which is infrequently, he's dazzling; when he's off, he's like Satan's annoying kid brother. He acts one way towards me when we're alone, and another way when others are around. The significant charm of sexual tension at home is beginning to pall next to the drama he creates. Boston is exciting and fun, and I have some promising internet dates lined up. It will be good to have the house be a place of rest and relaxation and sanctuary, etc. So, yes, this is good. Very, very good.

8 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

I guess I understand how this is good, but these days I think I'd lament the loss of someone who made a habit of standing shirtless in my doorway.

Oh, and if the Internet contacts don't work out, I know two people in Boston. One is, or at least was, really into metal and doesn't have a stellar history when it comes to dating women. (Though who among us does, really?) The other is very smart and funny and Jewish and has amazing arms and chest. (Amazing arms and an amazing chest? There's no simple way to do that is there? An amazing chest and arms?)

Anyway he's my ideal boyfriend, but it seems he only likes the ladies. His name, consequently, also begins with M.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

I can see how that would be a relief. I'm so glad you're having fun! I know people in Boston too. Some of the best people ever, in fact. If you wish to meet and commune with the best people ever, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with them. None of them are cute and single though. They're all cute. They're just not single.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Marisa said...

I'm glad you're having fun. The best thing about the whole hooking up with the temporary roommate is the temporary, anyway, so he's making it better, right?

I know a couple single guys in Boston. Actually, if we want to be accurate, I have a couple of exes who live in Boston, and at least one of them is single. You don't want to hook up with them (probably) but they might have cute friends. :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger j. ondioline said...

Yes yes yes, excellent. I shall contact you all separately to plead for letters of introduction to your Bostonian friends.

And yes. New housemate's name is Cassandra, and she seems very nice but I'd rather she didn't stand shirtless in my doorway.

Also, just got back from Internet date. May post date review.

C

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I feel like jumping on the bandwagon, so I have an ex in Boston who is cute, a musician, a drunk, and suicidally depressed. Interested?

6:45 PM  
Blogger j. ondioline said...

How cute? Like really cute?

1:10 AM  
Blogger Jean-Pierre said...

I think I still have some contacts in Boston I could look up for you since you're looking. If you date them all and take the best parts, you might end up with a good arm or leg. I think one of them has a nice neck and ears.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

hmm, I don't know about really cute. Depends if he lost some of the little chub he was accumulating.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home